Tuesday, November 23, 2010

update

so its been a really long time since i have posted anything my job has kept me extremely busy. i work full time as a CNA and I love it every year my company throws our residents a huge thanksgiving dinner that they can invite their family too. they hold it the week before thanksgiving so we dont interrupt other thanksgiving plans that their family might have. so last wednesday was the big dinner we were running our butts off to make sure that everyone looked presentably and that they got to the dining room on time. all of our managment was there and some people from corporate. the dinner went on for about three hours and afterwards everyone went to their rooms with their families. now as you can imagine everyone wants you too take care of their family member first. in a normal shift where everyone shows up on time or shows up at all i take care of about ten people. thats still a lot of people for just one of me and i swear all of their call lights went off at the same time. getting these residents ready for bed is no easy task you have to toilet them make sure their bed is clean make sure they are clean get them undressed get them dressed in pjs get them into bed and make sure the nurse has given them their nightly pills because if the nurse has to wake them up to give them pills there is a pretty good chance they will be up the rest of the night. so needless to say we were all exhausted by the time that shift was done but it was nice to see all of our residents happy. they just published our holiday schedule and i am working thanksgiving and christmas eve so ill be spending the holidays at work but i am actually ok with that cos most of my coworkers and my nurses have become like a second family to me. so i love going to work and working with people who make me laugh and who make my work enjoyable. on a different note a couple of weeks ago bryce came up north to meet my aunt and uncle you would think he would be the one that was a nervous wreck? no i was he was totally calm and my aunt and uncle loved him and he is coming back up north and planning to apply for a job at my uncles company so that will be good and thats the update on my life =)

No comments:

Post a Comment